Monday, March 5, 2012

Paper Tear Edger - Deckle

Coolest Tool Ever?


That would be the tear bar



On the last scrapbook I made I'm pretty



sure I used the tear bar on every single page.







I have the



Fiskars Paper Tear Edger Deckle



that I got from Joann Fabrics





I like the deckle because it gives the paper
a really awesome ripped look. I love to use a



few papers and then layer them to make borders



and variety to the page. I think the best word for



it is just plain awesome.







Best part is, it's really easy to use.


I thought I would just end up ripping up all


the paper that I wanted to edge, but it's simple.


You just pull the paper toward the bar and down a little


and it rips easy as pie!




Here are the different ways I use it:


-A Thick single page, so make it look like one kind


of paper is bleeding off onto the next page


-Stacked paper making a page boarder


-Stacked paper making a cool looking edge


-Ripped in a rectangle to use as a picture boarder







In this example, I used the tear bar on the


striped paper and had it on the edge so it


looks like the paper is bleeding onto the left page.


This was done with a single paper, with no layers


and I had the torn paper take up 1/3 of the page
(using the rule of 3rds as an element of design)








In this example, I used the tear bar with


a single piece of paper, but instead of


having it bleed from another page, I just


had it coming down from the top. Again, I had


it take up 1/3 of the page using the rule of 3rds


as an element of design.








Here is an example of stacking two


torn papers to make a cool edge. I


think the layered look is awesome and


really adds a lot of depth and interest.








Here I used 3 papers total to make the boarder.


The top 2 lairs are torn and they are bordered


with a straight edge paper. I love having the


blue paper as a torn accent to give the border


depth and a little color pop.








This is a similar example of a border, but


I only used two papers to create it, and


only used the tear bar on one side.





In this last example, I used the tear bar
as a picture border. I thought it was



appropriate for this christmas spread



because it kinda looks like open wrapping paper.







This is a gives scrapbooks a really fun look
and like I said before, it's the coolest tool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment