Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How to print any size you want

It didn't even dawn on me that some people might

have a hard time figuring out how to print a 3x3in

picture (or any random size for that matter).

Then I gave away my first pre-made scrapbook and

thought about how they would print all the sizes.



There are two ways I can think to do it...



First (and less affective I think), You could print

a normal 4x6 or 5x7 and just cut down the image.

The pro to that is there is no extra work before

the image is printed. The con is that You might

have to cut out an important part or the picture.



Second (the way I do it), is to go into an image editing

program (I use photoshop, but I'm sure this can easily

be done on any other editing program such as picasa)

and crop the image to the size you want, and then

dragging it onto a white image that is 4x6 or 5x7. So you

just crop, make a new template, and drag on your cropped image.

Make sense?



So if I want a 3x3 for example, I just crop my

image to a 3x3. Then I go to file, "New". and make that

image 4x6, and then drag the 3x3 onto my new template.

It's nice because then you can get them printed anywhere

and get the size you want.



Here's an example of my end result,

two 3x3 images ready to be printed as one 4x6:






The same principle applies to any size.

If you want a 5x5in, just drag it onto a 5x7

template. If you want two 2.5x3.5in then drag

them both onto one 4x6 etc.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this is just what I'm looking for Kate cant wait to try it I don't do what you do but I like to draw little characters and I have been looking for some way of printing little photos and putting more than one on each sheet but not the standard sizes and this sounds like it could be it. thankyou Elaine... not sure what the profiles are about so i am putting anonymous

    ReplyDelete