Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Circle Cutter

Another must have tool (in my opinion) is a circle cutter



The one I have is a Fiskars Paper Cutter

You can get one online, or at your favorite scrapbook store.

It's a cool tool because it allows you to slide the blade farther

or closer to the center so you can make a huge variety of

circle sizes. Plus, it's very easy to use.




The top uses I have for it is

-Making journaling sections

-Using it as an embellishment

-Using it as a boarder to an embellishment

-Using it in the background to add more design



Here are some examples below:



This first example is of a journaling section. I used a larger

setting to make the pink striped circle, and then went down

a size to cut out the middle white part.





Here I used the plaid paper on the smallest setting, do


create little circle embellishments to fill empty space on the page.





Here I used it as a boarder for the sticker embellishment.

The sticker itself wasn't large enough to fill the space that

I wanted it to, so I just used the circle as a filler to add design.





This is another space filler scenario. The letters alone would


be bland and boring, so I used two separate circle sizes to make

boarders for the letters and then boarders for the circles.

Then I cut out pink circles to add more background fillers.




For this last one, I just wanted a little something extra on this


page, so I added a circle and had it peaking out from behind a boarder.It gave the page a little more sense of depth.



So there you have it! I'm sure there are a bunch of other

uses that I have yet to try out, but so far this tool has really

enhanced my page design.

No comments:

Post a Comment